FREE Gents Cuts at The Barbers Leeds
With LAFHAB Academy & WAHL Academy Leeds, The Barbers Leeds offers free gents cuts on certain days. These are provided, under supervision of the host, by experienced & qualified barbers who are gaining new skills. The morning consists of the host having 3 demonstrations, and in the afternoon the delegates then practice on models.
Requirements of models
Models must be male, aged 13 or above; hair must be long enough to do a basic cut and not balding too much. The ideal model will have around 3 weeks’growth, be wanting a no.2 or 3 on the sides, and have some length on the top, perhaps a quiff or pompadour (similar to the images above). Ideally the model’s hair should have no styling products, otherwise we would need to wash & dry the hair prior to the service.
Available times – Mon 18th June 2018
We require models for the following times (see below for upcoming dates)
(models are asked to arrive 15 minutes before).
1 @ 10am – available
1 @ 11am – available
1 @ 12pm – available
8 @ 1pm – all available
This workshop is for newly qualified barbers and experienced hairdressers who want to expand their skills into barbering, and using cutting methods such as layers, graduation, clipper/scissor over comb and hairlines.
All models* receive £15 cash
Register for free services
Free services are available only to clients who have registered, and are not available on a ‘walk-in’ basis. There are 2 options for registering:
- Text your name to 07719725041
- Complete our client registration
- Please only register if you are suitable for the services being provided.
- All models must send us a current headshot photo (taken here in the barbers, WhatsApp to 07719725041 or email email@example.com), so that we can confirm suitability.
- Notifications: we send a ‘heads up’ text message & email 2 weeks before each event, we then send a further text the week before, to which you opt-in by replying ‘YES’, along with your preferred time (10,11,12 or 1).
- Although the workshops have a schedule, they can sometimes overrun a little, resulting in client services starting a little later. Should you be a client on the day but only have a limited amount of time, please let one of the staff know on arrival so they can prioritise you.
- To avoid disappointment, spaces are strictly limited to the numbers above, and we do not over-subscribe. It is therefore important that models ensure they will be available on the day agreed, and that they inform us as soon as possible if they cannot make it, because clients not showing up can have a serious impact on the workshop taking place.
- Any clients who fails to attend a day & time agreed without notification will be withdrawn from the programme and will not be able to take part in further free events.
- Mon 18th June 2018
* Suitable models who have sent us headshots, been approved and show up on time